Tuesday, October 28, 2008

La Cafeteria 841 Forest Rd London, E17 4AT

This is a lunch time venue that I would classify as an expensive cafe.
 
It cost me £15 for an egg, tuna and rice salad followed by Pasta with olive tomato and chilli with cumberland sausage and then a coffee followed by a large orange juice.  In reality the starter was as large as the main however.
 
Staff here were really friendly and helpful.  There was no problem about reading the complete menu to me and they were also happy to ring a  cab to get me back to the station as I was in a part of Walthamstow that I have not been to before.  The food seems to consist of english typed breakfasts and lunches with a broadly Mediterranean style.
 
The food was not really unusual, of really high quality or of exceptionally low or high price but it was plentiful and I would be happy to eat there again.  at £15 for 2 large courses it is pricy for a lunchtime eat though.
 
The friendly staff and very acceptable food leads me to give this place a mark of 7 out of 10.

No comments: