Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lexus cafe mile end road

This is a new Moroccan café that has recently opened on Mile End road.

 

Inside the seating is quite low and there are pillows to lean on.  The range of products sold however seems to be very poor.  They do not have any kind of on-site kitchen yet so the food is cooked outside and just warmed up when you want it.  When I visited they seemed to have a lamb or a chicken tagine, a salad with onions pickle beetroot   and lettuce.  There were also muffins   available as well as coffee, hot chocolate and cold drinks.

 

I understand the boss is trying to buy up the rest of the building but tenants live there so it may be a while.  I always think a restaurant where the food is not cooked on the premises is a bit suspect.

 

I had the Lamb Tagine with the salad and some bread which was all quite pleasant though I would have liked a little more choice.  The coffee I had was poor.  The first one was very weak and the second one, while somewhat better, was still not a top class coffee.  It was a bit weak.

 

Until this café gets a bigger range I can’t give it more than 5 out of 10.  There needs to be more choice and the coffee needs to improve.

 

 

No comments: