Thursday, October 13, 2011

Merlins Tandori 193 Wellingborough Road Northampton NN1 4EA

                this is a curry house in Northampton.  This is not really a review of the food but a warning about the restaurant itself.  If I know a restaurant accepts guide dogs then I mention it.  This restaurant however recently refused 2 friends service on the basis that they were trying to get in with a guide dog.  this happens quite often most of the time when restaurant owners express reservations, they are generally amazed at how calm and well behaved the dog is once they have been persuaded to let the person stay.  My friends were able to record the event of them being thrown out and I have included the Audioboo link to the audio at the end of this post.  I understand they have already taken the story to the local press and I understand they intend to carry on the fight until the owner of Merlins either unreservedly  apologises  or the restaurant closes through lack of visitors.  The reviews I can find are not very complementary about Merlins anyway and there are plenty of other good restaurants including curry houses near by on the same street.  The reaction of one customer in Merlins when Adam appeals for support is also fairly disgraceful.  for more visit

http://audioboo.fm/boos/500542-no-guide-dogs-allowed?playlist_direction=forward

No comments: