Friday, March 30, 2012

Sufi Persian Restaurant 70 Askew Rd, London W12 9BJ

Last Saturday myself and 5 friends went to the Sufi Persian restaurant near Hammersmith for a meal and a get together.

 

One of us had a guide dog and there is no problem taking a guide dog into this restaurant.

 

For starters I had Olivieh   which describes itself on the menu as a Delicate mixture of shredded chicken, potato, green peas, gherkins, eggs & mayo.  This was certainly an interesting dish though I would have liked the gherkins to have more prominence..  I am also told that the  Hummus was good though I must admit I can’t remember what everyone else had.

 

For my main dish I had 2 kinds of lamb.  There was a spicy fairly aromatic portion of minced lamb  in 2 thick sausage shapes and a slice of flat lamb about half an inch thick.  This was served with rice and salad. 

We also had freshly baked Persian  flat Nan bread with  sesame seeds which was delicious.

 

For pudding I had a portion of baklava   which is nuts sugar and phyllo pastry  followed by a portion of faloodeh  which is Persian sorbet made of thin vermicelli noodles and rose water served with lemon.

 

2 portions of dessert is a bit greedy but it finished a pleasant and very filling meal off nicely.  Next time I go to a Persian restaurant I will try the stews which sound interesting.

 

The staff at this restaurant speak good English so they were able to explain some of the kebab dishes which sound rather similar to each other.  I would give this restaurant 8 out of 10 as we paid about £23 each for 3 courses and a soft drink and we were all well full.

 

No comments: