Saturday, August 08, 2009

wild west beef jerky

Wild West Beef Jerky is an online retailer selling Beef Jerky.
 
I ordered samples of all 3 varieties of beef jerky sold at this site in different flavours.  Beef Jerky is dried cured smoked lean beef.  The Jerky on this site is sold as Tender Bites which are small nuggets of quite tender jerky, Gourmet which is traditional American slab beef jerky and All Natural which is described as premium beef jerky.  I think over all the Gourmet is my favourite.  the Gourmet hot and spicy and the
All natural Extreme heat both carry a good spicy kick which should bring a smile to your face while the traditional and Teriyaki flavours will suit those with less of a need for mindless spice!
 
My order was despatched within 3 working days and it was sent by royal mail which is great since I was out when the order was delivered.  If this happens with a royal mail parcel you can have the order delivered to a post office, have it redelivered or collect it from the sorting office.  this is far more flexible than having to go to the depot of a currier company.
 
Jerky is often compared to Biltong which is dried meat with an African tradition see the Savanna at www.thesavanna.co.uk to buy Biltong.
 
The Wild West Jerky site describes Biltong as being tougher and less versatile than Jerky and I would agree with this though the biltong is tougher so flavours can be released more slowly.  I liked my jerky so much that 5 packs lasted barely 12 hours!  maybe the product could have been despatched on the day it was ordered rather than a day or 2 later but this is a really minor gripe.  I give this store 8 out of 10.

No comments: