Saturday, January 03, 2009

pride of asia revisited

I first visited the Pride of Asia last year when it opened. I was rather critical of it because of the limited food and the high prices charged. I feel I was right to be somewhat chritical of the Pride of Asia at the time for this as the food was really no better than that served in the half million or so chicken places to be found in Stepney and Whitechapel.

well I visited the Pride of Asia once just before Christmas and once yesterday. A new cheap menu has been introduced that usually has 3 starters, 3 mains and a choice of boiled rice, Pilau rice, Nan or Roti. Yesterday for example the choice was Spicy Vegetable Spring Rolls, Chicken Tika or Sheek kebab for starter and Lamb Danzak, Chicken with spinach or Dahl for main. I had a nan bread with this and was well satisfied. This meal costs £5.95 plus drinks. Staff were helpful and had a good level of english, certainly enough to read the menu.

I am not sure about prices outside the cheap menu, but all I can say of the food is that it was of good quality and not too greasy. Good for a meal on a budget if you are not a fussy eater and hapy to take what is on offer. I now give the meal deal 6.5 out of 10 which is an improvement for sure!

No comments: