Friday, November 20, 2009

Sea Fresh Takeaway Food 8, London Rd, Twickenham, Middlesex TW1 3RR

This is a fish and chip shop that also has a table and some shelving round the walls you can sit at.
 
It is quite expensive.  A piece of haddock on its own cost £4.80 and a portion of chips was £1.40
 
The food came on cardboard plates with plastic knives and forks so I am glad there was no extra charge for the take away.  Cans of soft drink cost 70 pence which is about what I would expect.  There is a lunch time deal available.  I was charged £4.80 for the cod and chips I think and this makes the price reasonable enough at lunch.
 
the haddock was pretty good.  There was plenty of it and the batter was fresh and crispy and there was just the right amount of it for me.  The chips were crispy and well cooked and not greasy.  I think vegetable oil was used and the chips and they did lack flavour.  There was a decent portion however.
 
This was generally a decent place to grab a bite to eat and the staff were helpful enough.
 
I would very happily use this chip shop if I was passing and particularly felt like fish and chips but I couldn't get that excited about it.
 
I would give it 7 out of 10.

No comments: