Friday, March 12, 2010

A'la Pizza, 201 Mile End Road, Stepney Green, London E1 4AA

This is another in my occasional Kebab Roll review series. When I first
thought of checking out some of these rather dodgy chicken shops and putting
my thoughts on them down for future reference, I rather liked the idea of
completing this little project in Lent. After all, most people give things
up for lent so why not take something up instead?

Well I'm going to fail I think. the quality of the kebab meat in many of
these places is really quite dreadful and eating it gives me no pleasure.

A La Pizza is poor. the meat is not as spongy as that from the Halal Bite
but it has no taste and in fact it actually tasted less than fresh to me. I
had a piece of Tandori chicken with my meal which tasted tough and old.
This shop does 6 inch pizzas for £1.50 but they are thin and greasy. This
shop actually used to be one of the better chicken shops at one time and it
was the first to bring in grilled chicken. The owners have changed and I
can say that the kebab roll now costs about £2.50 but it and the rest of the
food was not only of low quality but it was not fresh either . It also took
over 10 minutes to prepare the kebab even though the shop was empty so sadly
I cannot give this establishment more than 3.5 out of 10. It seems to me
that even the locals have abandoned this place as well!! I would definitely
give it a miss.


__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
database 4937 (20100311) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4937 (20100311) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

No comments: