Thursday, April 08, 2010

Café Isha, 115A Roman Road, London E2 0QN

This is a restaurant offering lebanese and bangladeshi food under one roof.
I visited there yesterday.

My friend had Salmon and I had what was supposed to be beef steak made with
chef special sauce. both dishes came with rice, lebanese bread, corn on
the cob and Coleslaw. Chips came on a plate on the side. The quantity was
very plentiful and I would say I got over half a pound of steak.

The member of staff who served us started off very quiet and hesitant and i
thouggt she may have trouble understanding what we wanted but that turned
out not to be a problem.

The chips were also good and crispy. Service was also quite prompt.

The positives stop here though I am afraid. My friend's salmon was half raw
and had to be sent back. to be fair, the staff did not question this but
they did not apologise either.

My steak was really tough. It may have seen some spicy marinade in its
youth but it had been very well cooked since then and I was having trouble
cutting it. i did not finish all the steak as it gave me jaw ache! I
cannot recommend these house grills on the basis of what we ate. it really
was 2 extremes. Fish was almost raw and steak was massively overdone and
tough.

So, while staff were friendly and the stuff that came with the grill was
good, the meat and fish themselves were poor.

I therefore give the Cafe Isha 4 out of 10 due mainly to poor food.

No comments: