Sunday, October 03, 2010

everest karahi 31 longbridge road, Barking IG11 8TN

I visited this curry house with 2 friends at about 9 o'clock on Friday
evening. It claims to be Nepalese.

This is a relatively new curry house and I was told it was good when it
first opened. Indeed, staff were friendly and reasonably helpful though for
much of the time we were the only customers there.

I had a dish rather similar to Chicken Chat for starter and something called
Lamb Sherpa for main. These were average curries with a fairly thick sauce
which I personally think probably came from a packet. There were some fresh
spices but really I can't say the food was anything special and it was a bit
on the greasy side. 2 of us had 2 large pint sized bottles of ale each and
the other of us had one glass of wine. We all had 2 courses each and the
price came to about £63

There are better curry places to be found. In general the meat was of low
quality with chicken being watery and stringy and the lamb being tough and
chewy. My understanding is that quality has gone down and on the evidence
of my visit I would say this curry house is nothing to write home about. At
the time of writing a tandori chef is being sought and I understand why.

The website is badly constructed and some of the pages don't work but for
more info visit

www.everest-karahi.co.uk

I can only give this restaurant 5 out of 10. It is expensive and while not
absolutely horrible it is not worth travelling any distance for either. .

No comments: