Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the Well House, 16 -17 Cathedral Yard, Exeter EX1 1HB

I visited this pub last month with 2 friends to try out the Sunday Roast.
 
This is quite a famous pub near the Cathedral in central Exeter and so I expected it to be rather expensive.  In fact, a roast dinner was £5.99 which is quite reasonable.  the portion was quite acceptable rather than being really generous, but considering that for this price you also get a soup of the day with bread you really can't complain.  I had Lamb and I would say the meat was particularly good.  It was thick, tender and really tasty.  vegetables were not overdone though I would have liked a few more of them as they were really nice.  MangeTout and carrots were among themm.  The soup was curried vegetable which was an unusual and quite welcome choice.  I may well eat here again and would certainly give it 6.5 out of 10 for the food I have tried given its price.  I would not have minded paying a couple of pounds more and getting a larger meal however.
 
 


__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4504 (20091013) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

No comments: