Thursday, January 03, 2008

Barbecue Express Wood Green

I visited this small take away and eat in place after an assessment just off Station Road not far away. This is your typical london bangladeshi owned type of place (not sure where the owners are from but it's the right part of the world). I went for Lamb curry with lentils and I asked for it hot. I got something nice and thick without too much oil that tasted quite fresh. I had a portion of lamb chops as well which were nice in the kind of indian take away lamb chop way without being anything exciting. The salad contained olives, onions, peppers, cabbage, lettuce and tomato. and a nice chilli sauce was provided for smothering.

This little lot came to £7.50 including a can of diet coke which I thought was decent value. Over all I give the place 7 out of 10.

Good points include good fresh well cooked food and not too long a wait.
Against, it was very difficult to get the staff to go through the menu. This is in part due to poor english but half these people wonder why blind people are out on their own and why we have not all been maried off. This may feature later but for now, I was once asked why I wasn't married off. I said to the guy "I'll take yours if that's OK then". It ended what was a stupid conversation anyway!!

5 comments:

Martin said...

Hi mate

Keep this up. I’ll link to it from www.mproberts.co.uk in a post later in the week. Clare and I may be able to provide some reviews for ya.

All the best now and watch out for the squits.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

what can i say placed an order at 1:25, they said it would be 45 min, phoned up several times and they kept saying 5 min driver is on the way. Food turned up at 4:25, 3 hours later. So told the driver what to do with his food. Will not be ordering again

Graham Page said...

I live in a flat that is quite hard to find but still some places take a long time to deliver. I have had drivers ring me to find out where I live and it turns out they don't even understand enough english to follow directions when they are given. Other places don't really anticipate the volume of trade and so they tend to try and keep people in the shop happy at the expense of those waiting at home who are unlikely to visit the store in person no matter how angry they get. All part of London's crap service culture i'm afraid!

Anonymous said...

rxwwjnman http://www.free-mass-traffic.net/free-mass-traffic/free-mass-traffic-review Free Mass Traffic