Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cookies and Cream 7 Mile End Road, London E1 4TP

Cookies and cream is essentially an Ice-cream  parlour  which sells a few other things such as waffles and milk shakes.

 

When I went there I had 1 scoop of coconut ice cream  and one scoop of pistachio ice cream.  The coconut ice cream did contain actual coconut but there was no evident of the pistachio nuts in the pistachio ice cream.  2 scoops cost £2.25 which is quite expensive.  Yes the bowls are very impressive but I’m more interested in what’s in the bowl to be honest.

 

I also had an Oreos  milk shake.  This is a milk shake with Oreo biscuits ground up in it to give the milkshake a chocolate flavour.  Oreos are definitely one of America’s better chocolate biscuits in my opinion and the Oreo milk shake worked well as a concept  The milkshake was nice an thick.  The only problem was that little chunks of Oreo tended to block the straw.

 

This ice cream parlour is surprisingly busy even in the winter.  It seems to be well used by local Asians even though it is not cheap so for them it’s quite a trendy hang out joint.

 

Cookies and Cream only sells about 25 flavours of ice cream which is nothing compared to many ice cream parlours.  Food is well presented but a little limited in substance.  I don’t mind this place but it is not interesting enough to travel to it from a great distance.  I can’t say any of the food I had was unpleasant and the guy behind the counter read out all the flavours.  I give this place 6 out of 10

No comments: