Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mexigo Mexican Grill 72 Bold Street Liverpool L1 4HR

This is a take away which sells various kinds of soft pancakes full of beef or chicken with guacamole  salsa rice and beans.  The pancakes which include tacos  and Burritos.    It’s the usual British Mexican restaurant type of thing.  Not bad if you want a quick bite though all the food is a bit similar.

 

I call this a takeaway but it does have a lot of tables and chairs inside, it’s just that all the food comes in boxes with plastic knives and forks as though you were going to take it away.  I’ve never been a fan of this kind of food as a take away, particularly if you want to eat it on the go as it’s so messy to eat.  If I’m going to eat this kind of food I want it on a plate with some decent cutlery.

 

A friend and me both had beef with all the usual accompaniments with extra mushrooms and a soft drink.  The person serving us was quiet and didn’t seem particularly enthusiastic about being there.  eating the food from the box was less than ideal.  I can’t say the food was horrible, and at £8.00 the price was acceptable though it is on the high side given the poor presentation.

 

So Mexigo served Average food with poor presentation and barely adequate service.   This made this takeaway a fairly forgettable place  so I give it 5 out of 10.

 

No comments: