Friday, August 27, 2010

maedah grill, 42 Fieldgate Street, London E1 1ES

Last week I visited the Maedah Grill which is a Turkish restaurant hidden away in Whitechapel  where the restaurants are generally low budget and fairly low quality Bangladeshi curry houses.  The Maedah Grill itself is on the same street as the ridiculously busy but ultimately fairly average New Tayyab which is famous throughout London.

 

Maedah Grill is an average quality Turkish restaurant based on my one visit and my reading of reviews.  For a starter I had a Turkish pizza which consisted of a thin layer of bread covered in spicy mince.  This was certainly quite tasty but it was prepared so quickly I suspect it had been microwaved.

 

My main was a lamb shish kebab served with rice and salad.  This was unremarkable though it was quite large.  I could actually distinguish the meat as being Lamb and this is not always the case.

 

For main I had Baklava which was pretty standard.  The Turkish coffee was strong and welcome however and this meal cost me less than £20.  Staff were generally helpful and they spoke reasonably good English so as I live in this area I will happily  revisit this restaurant.

 

I would give this restaurant 7 out of 10  and I look forward to visiting it in the future.

 

No comments: