Friday, August 27, 2010

Suvai Chettinaad 207 High Street North, East Ham, London E6 1JG

The Suvai Chettinaad often just known as the Suvai has been one of my favourite south Indian restaurants for a couple of years now and the quality has remained generally very high and the value is unbelievable.

 

There is a website at

www.suvai.co.uk

and you can take a look at the menu there for proof of good value.

 

Yesterday I visited this restaurant with a friend and we had 3 courses and a mango lasi each.  I also had a masala tea and a diet coke and the lot cost us £20.  Certainly some of the English spoken by staff is a bit limited but staff are generally quite patient and it is generally possible to get what you want.

 

Yesterday I had a   lamb fry, and Egg Bonda, an Indian dish like rice pudding but made with thin noodles, a diet coke and a masala tea.  My friend had a fish roast (fish cooked in chilli powder with onions and peppers)  a potato bonda (spiced fried mashed potato balls) and a chicken biriani.  We also had a mango lasi each.  The lot came to £20.

 

I have been here with friends that have guide dogs in the past and there has been no problem.

 

For more info including menus visit

www.suvai.co.uk

 

I give this restaurant a 9 out of 10.  The only problem I have is that if you do not know the menu, getting what you want can sometimes be tricky due to lack of English but staff try their best to be helpful.

 

No comments: