Saturday, August 30, 2008

caribbean flavours, Theatre Royal, Stratford East London

    Caribbean Flavours is a restaurant in the bar of the Theatre Royal,Gerry Raffles Square, London, E15 1BN
 
 
This is simply some of the best value Caribbean food available.  Dishes include Jerk Chicken, Oxtail, curried goat and various different fish such as Salmon or King Fish.  Dishes are served with Plantain salad and plane rice or rice and peas.  These main dishes including the rice cost no more than £7.00 and you get a massive plateful.  There is also a restaurant outside called the Caribbean Scene which also appears in this blog.  There may be les choice at Caribbean Flavour, but I must say that the value for money is better.
 
There is free entertainment in the evenings, so if like me you prefer to chat and eat rather than enjoy a gig while you eat then watch when you go.  Food is served until about 08:30 in the evenings and starts at mid day.    The bar is open until 11 PM in the week and midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.  Drinks are a little expensive but quite reasonable for a theatre bar.  There is no pressure to see a show in the theatre if you just want to go and eat.
I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.  The value for money is great and staff are friendly and helpful.  People have also eaten there with guide dogs and they have been no problems that I am aware of.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.