Saturday, August 30, 2008

Donato's, The Royal Beacon Hotel Exmouth Devon EX EX8 2AF

This is an Italian restaurant in the cellar of the hotel. I attended this restaurant last week with 2 friends.  We each had 2 courses and a bottle of house wine between us and 2 of us had a liqueur coffee.  It cost us about £26 each and the portions were massive.  I kicked off with beef with Parmesan Cheese, a dish called Bresaola.  I followed this with Nocchi served with meat sauce.  Nocchi are small potato dumplings.  I asked them to put some chilli in the meat sauce and they certainly obliged with a good spicy dish.  The portions were massive and I had to leave a bit.  I deserved a caning on the spot for that!  My friends had soups.  One had a Pizza for main and the other had a seafood dish with spaghetti and both said the food was excellent.
 
Staff were really friendly and I would highly recommend Donato's if you are in the area and want to celebrate a special occasion or just treat yourself. 
 
 

No comments: